Benefits of Children Practicing Yoga
- Develop body awareness.
- Learn how to use their bodies in a healthy way.
- Manage stress through breathing, awareness, meditation and healthy movement.
- Build concentration.
- Increase their confidence and positive self-image.
- Feel part of a healthy, non-competitive group.
- Have an alternative to tuning out through constant attachment to electronic devices.
Yoga n' Books
Once a month Yoga 4 Peace offers
"Yoga n' Books"
with Miss Barb Prusak
Your child will enjoy listening to a special story while learning age-appropriate Yoga poses and breathing exercises to enable children to relax, energize and calm themselves both at home and school. Children are delighted to learn new ways of movement while also engaging with the reading of themed stories.
Miss Barb Prusak has been holding
"Yoga n' Books" classes for approximately 5 years, and holds Classes in over 5 different locations in the southeast, Michigan area. Prior to holding "Yoga n' Books" classes, Miss Barb taught special education, both as a teacher and consultant.
"I love teaching kids yoga because it empowers them with tools to help them relax, develop confidence, body-sensory awareness and is fun!"
For more information on 'Yoga & Books' Classes and other locations please visit